Diagnostic Solutions GI-MAP
What it is:PCR stool analysis that evaluates DNA of pathogens in the gut. It also has markers for SIgA and calprotectin, which is a measure of gut inflammation
Why it is important: GI-MAP™ tests for GI pathogens, opportunistic organisms, normal flora, and markers of GI health including:
- Immune function
- Pancreatic function
- Occult blood
This item is for test only and does not include a consultation.
If you would like an in-depth 1-hour consultation to cover your results and give you specific recommendations, please order the test kit+consulation here.
The kit includes:
• Easy directions, collection vial, and utensils
• Requisition form for patient information, pertinent supplements, medications, and a health questionnaire
• Sealable return packaging
DNA/PCR techniques also allow for the measurement of antibiotic resistance genes and virulence factors that contribute to pathogenicity. Both are used to help determine clinical significance and the most effective treatments.
At-home DNA stool test that is easy to do from home, no need to do a blood draw. Only requires 1 day and 1 sample.
The panel is a comprehensive collection of microbial targets as well as immune and digestive markers. It screens for pathogenic bacteria, commensal bacteria, opportunistic pathogens, fungi, viruses, and parasites. It primarily uses multiplex, automated, DNA analysis to give integrative and functional medicine practitioners a better view into the gastrointestinal microbiome.
The GI-MAP can be used in the detection and identification of gastrointestinal microbial nucleic acids and has been clinically validated for the detection of gastrointestinal pathogens that cause infectious colitis or gastroenteritis. This technology has been used to identify and control pathogen outbreaks because of its rapid turn-around-time.
It measures a substantial list of opportunistic pathogens as well as a list of FDA-cleared pathogens, including novel targets such as viruses, Microsporidia, and pathogenic virulence factors. Chronic gastrointestinal symptoms, intestinal permeability, hormonal imbalance, and food sensitivities may trace their origins to imbalanced gut microbes as a root cause.
Further, chronic inflammatory arthritis could have a microbial component that may warrant investigation by stool studies. This stool test offers integrative and functional medicine practitioners superior sensitivity and specificity to help resolve persistent and complex illnesses. Since the immune system, the intestinal barrier, and microbial diversity are intimately interwoven, a thorough understanding of our gut microbiome holds promise for new approaches to treat and prevent disease.
Complete List of Target Analytes Measured on the GI-MAP
C. diff Toxin A & B**
E. coli o157**
Enterotoxigenic E. coli LT & ST (ETEC)**
Shiga-like Toxin producing E. coli stx1 & stx2 (STEC)**
Adenovirus 40 & 41**
Norovirus GI & GII**
Helicobacter pylori and virulence factors, cagA and vacA**
Bacteroides fragilis grp
E. coli (total)
Click here to access more info on the GI-MAP stool test.
***Important notes about lab kits for purchased above***
- We are unable to ship lab kits to PO boxes. Please use a residential address.
- Some lab providers fill out requisition forms ahead of time, with patient information. To avoid confusion when processing orders, if you are ordering lab kits for multiple people, we do request that you place a separate order for each person. Also, if placing an order for another person please specify who the test is for in the notes when checking out.
- Please note: after you order a test kit, getting the lab draw and/or completing the test is your responsibility.
- It is also your responsibility to have the test interpreted by a qualified professional
- Due to the fees we incur after a test kit is sent, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges on test kits.
- Once you have sent in your lab kit, the lab will send us test results which we will forward to you.
There will be an additional shipping fee for International lab orders, which varies by location. Once your order is received, we will email you in regards to the additional cost, to be paid via invoice.
There are no reviews yet.